Step1: Download Software and Install Arduino Driver
1.Download software from our website: dobot.cc/download
2.Install Arduino drivers. You can download Arduino from www.arduino.cc
or directly from our website.
DobotTools: Basic version,including functions of Teach & playback,writing,drawing,laser engraving and mouse control. Download
DobotApplication:Professional version, two more functions comparing to basic function,leap motion and EEG.Download
check whether Arduino is installed properly in Device Manager.
Step2: Connect Cable
1.Connect the stepper motors according to labels (Stepper_L, Stepper_R, Stepper_rot ) on the black cable.Note: Stepper_L and Stepper_R subject to right ahead Dobot body.
2.Connect the angle sensors: loosen the neighboring screws before inserting the sensor modular.
3.Connect the servo
Note: servo cable connection order: orange to white; red to red; brown to black.
4.connect air tube and suction cup
5.connect power cable and USB cable
Correct inatllation diagram of the sensor
Step3: Start Dobot
1.Put Dobot in the following recommended position
Info about the recommended position:
When Dobot is powered up at a limited position, it will be locked up and not capable of moving.
The angle sensors have more accurate readings when it is positioned in less than 45°regarding the horizontal plane, which gives a good start for Dobot.
Info about Reset: Dobot requires a reset to get the current angle sensor reading after powering up.
Step4: Run the software (DobotApplication/ DobotTools) and Play!
Operation instruction of software interface
1. Jog Mode: you can set Axis Mode or Linear Mode.
2. Jog Button:hold the button to move robot.
3. Velocity Ratio：change the jog velocity.
4. End Effector Operation: Turn ON/OFF the pump or OPEN/CLOSE the Gripper.
5. Current State: A table showing current joint angle value,coordinate of end,and default MotionStyle and PauseTime.
6. Playback List: table of saved points, which can be edited.
7. Save: add a point to the playback list.
8. Start/Stop: start/stop playback.
9. Import/Export: import(export) the playback list from(to) an .xml file.
10. Loop Number: set how many to repeat the playback list;Current Loop: index of the loop has been sent to controller.
11. Velocity Ratio & Acceleration Ratio:Set the velocity/acceleration ratio for playback.
Step5: Let's Play
Click Range①,change JogMode to liner mode.
Place one small object(such as mobile phone) near Dobot,,click Range② to operate Dobot and move above the small object,then click ⑥, open the pump, and the small object will be sucked up.
Click ⑦ to save one point.
Now turn back Range ②, click Z+ firstly, then raise the height of mobile phone, next move Dobot on another place, place the object on desk, click ⑥, close pump at last.
Click ⑦ to save another point.
Click Z+, place the object to original location.
Click ⑧ start, task for moving the object from current location to another location is completed successfully.