Dobot is committed to maintaining the trust and confidence of our visitors to our website. In particular, we want you to know that Dobot is not in the business of selling, renting or trading email lists with other companies and businesses for marketing purposes. We may share your information only with partners who adhere to Dobot's commitment to protecting your privacy. This policy explains the what, how, and why of the information we collect when you visit our website, or when you use our Services. It also explains the specific ways we use and disclose that information.
Information We Collect on the Dobot Products and Services
1. User-provided Information. When you use Dobot Products and Services, you may provide us with information about you, including your name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and payment information (if you use Dobot Products and Services to engage in purchases or financial transactions). You may provide us with information in various ways when using Dobot Products and Services. For example, you provide us with information when you register for a Dobot account, use Dobot Products and Services, submit credentials or other information for account verification, upload or share photos or videos on or through Dobot Products and Services, or send us customer service-related requests using Dobot Products and Services or other means of communication.
2. Cookies and Automatically Collected Information. When you use certain Dobot Products and Services, we may send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We use session cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. We may use third party cookies as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data. Dobot does not process or respond to web browsers’ “do not track” signals or other similar transmissions that indicate a request to disable online tracking of users who use Dobot Products and Services. This automatically collected information may include your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use a Product or Service, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on a Product or Service, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use Dobot Products and Services. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users and may be connected with other information about you.
3. Device-Related Information. When you use Dobot Products and Services, you will provide us with information relating to (i) your Dobot Product or Service, your non-Dobot device on which the Dobot Product or Service is used (including computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access Dobot Products and Services), and your photos or videos that you upload using Dobot Products and Services. This information may include: (a) information about your non-Dobot device (including your device ID, hardware version, and operating system); (b) information about your Dobot device (including the model and serial number of your device); (c) geo location data relating to your non-Dobot device and Dobot device and any photo or video you submitted using Dobot Products and Services; (d) information about any photo or video recorded, including the name of the video file, the length of the video, EXIF data relating to the photo or video, and the photo or video data itself; (e) other technical information, including the IP address used by your non-Dobot device; and (vi) data associated with your Dobot account.
Our websites are not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
Information from Other Sources: We may obtain information from third parties and sources other than Dobot Products and Services, such as our business partners, contractors, advertisers, and other third parties. Some of the above personal data is collected directly, for example when you set up an online account on our websites, or send an email to our customer services team. Other personal data is collected indirectly, for example, your browsing or shopping activity.
Third party payment customer's information protection
Dobot uses secure server hosted by PayPal and other 3rd party credit card processors that encrypt all the customer's personal information before it is sent to us, including name, address, credit card number, credit card expiration date, etc. Encryption works to prevent any malicious use of your personal information. Your credit card information is only used for online transition.
What is PayPal used for?
PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating a worldwide online payments system that supports online money transfers and serves as an electronic alternative to traditional paper methods like checks and money orders. The company operates as a payment processor for online vendors, auction sites, and other commercial users, for which it charges a small fee in exchange for benefits such as one-click transactions and password memory.
When someone visits www.dobot.cc we use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behavior patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
As part of the registration process for our newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about stuff you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organizations and businesses.
What are cookies?
Information we collect automatically:
How are cookies managed?
The cookies stored on your computer or other devices when you access our websites are designed by:
- Dobot, or on behalf of Dobot, and are necessary to enable you to make purchases on our website;
- third parties who participate with us in marketing programmes;
- third parties who broadcast web banner advertisements on behalf of Dobot.
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
1. For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
2. For Dobot to market to you, particularly web banner advertisements and targeted updates.
3. To enable Dobot to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of campaigns, competitions etc.
4. To enable Dobot to meet its contractual obligations to make payments to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular browsers are set out below:
For Microsoft Internet Explorer:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Internet Options”
2. Click on the “privacy” tab
3. Select the setting the appropriate setting
For Google Chrome:
1. Choose Settings> Advanced
2. Under "Privacy and security," click “Content settings”.
3. Click “Cookies”
1. Choose Preferences > Privacy
2. Click on “Remove all Website Data”
For Mozilla Firefox:
1. Choose the menu “tools” then “Options”
2. Click on the icon “privacy”
3. Find the menu “cookie” and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
1. Choose the menu Files”> “Preferences”
What happens if I disable cookies?
This depends on which cookies you disable, but in general, the website may not operate properly if cookies are switched off. If you only disable third-party cookies, you will not be prevented from making purchases on our sites. If you disable all cookies, you will be unable to complete a purchase on our sites.
Dobot Products and Services may contain features or links to websites and services provided by third parties. Any information you provide on third-party sites or services is provided directly to the operators of such services and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through Dobot Products and Services. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or services to which links or access are provided through Dobot Products and Services.
Access to personal information
If you would like to review the data we hold for you on our database please contact us at [Dobot Support] and we’ll arrange for this information to be disclosed. For security reason, we will ask you to provide proof of identification. You also have the right to rectify or delete inaccuracies in your personal data and to object to the processing of your personal data.
Policy Changes and Updates
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this Policy, which we may update from time to time. If we modify this Policy, we will make it available on or through the Dobot Products and Services, and indicate the date of the latest revision. In the event that the modifications materially alter your rights or obligations hereunder, we will make reasonable efforts to notify you of the change. Your continued use of Dobot Products and Services after the revised Policy has become effective indicates that you have read, understood and agreed to the current version of this Policy.