Comparison of Smartphone Gimbals at the Price of $250-300
How to select a gimbal for your smartphone and Gopro? Here we introduce you 5 best gimbals at the price of $250 to $300. We have a comparison from the functions, performance and using experience among Dobot Rigiet, DJI OSMO MOBILE, Zhiyun Smooth 3, Aibird Uoplay 2, and Ikan FLY-X3-PLUS.
|Brand||DOBOT RiGIET||Zhiyun Smooth III||AIbird Uoplay 2||Ikan FLY-X3-PLUS||DJI Osmo Mobile|
|Dimension||11.3 x 5.1 x 1.4 inches||14.7 x 6.2 x 3 inches||13.5 x 6.2 x 2.5 inches||9.25 x 3.75 x 13 inches||12.2 x 4.29 x 4.92 inches|
|Body Material||space aluminum||aluminum material||alloy aeronautical Aluminum||not mentioned||corrosion-proof magnesium alloy|
|Battery||18650 Li-ion battery, 3340mAh||26650 rechargeable battery||18650 Li-ion battery||not mentioned||DJI special, 980mAh, Li-op|
|Battery Life / Working Time||5.5 hours，12-hour with powerbank||14-hour continuous work time||4~5 hours||not mentioned||4.5 hours|
|Auto-track/ Smart track||YES||YES||YES||/||YES|
|Timalapse/ Motion Timelapse||Motion timelapse||timelapse||timelapse||/||Motion timelapse|
|Easy-to-use Button Control Panel||YES||YES||YES||/||YES|
|Livestream||YouTube Live||/||/||/||YouTube Live|
|Slow motion||only iOS||only iOS||/||/||only iOS|
|Panorama||180/330°, 3 modes||YES||/||/||YES|
|Adjust direction by hand||YES||/||YES||/||YES|
|Handheld shooting ways||4||not mentioned||4||not mentioned||4|
|One-step Precise Balancing||YES||YES||/||not mentioned||YES|
|Supported smartphones||iOS/Andriod, width between 56-85mm||within 6.0“ (frame inclusive)||5.0~6.0''||up to 200 grams||58.6mm-84.8mm|
|Supported Action Camera||YES, GoPro and YI||GoPro Hero 3/4/5||GoPro/ GoPro Hero||GoPro 3/4||/|
|Using Temperature||minus 10℃ to 50℃||minus 10℃ to 45℃||not mentioned||not mentioned||0° to 40° C|
|Tilt Angle||300||320||270||not mentioned||-125° to +35°|
|Roll Angle||270||320||270||not mentioned||±25°|
|Pan Angle||300||360 rotation||360||not mentioned||±150°|
|Extra Cradles||/||/||/||need, 3 cradles for Gopro/Smartphone||/|
|Bi-directional Shooting||NO, only horizontal||YES||NO, only horizontal||NO, only horizontal|
NO, only horizontal
DOBOT RiGIET VS Zhiyun Smooth III
- 1. RiGIET supports livestream mode, where you can share your wonderful moments to social media network such as YouTube. Zhiyun Smooth III doesn't support it.
- 2. Share your pictures and videos directly with your friends, that's what RiGIET provided but cannot be found in Zhiyun Smooth III.
- 3. RiGIET provides 4 handheld shooting ways, and you can adjust direction by hand when you are shooting.
- 1. Zhiyun Smooth III is a bi-directional smartphone gimbal.
DOBOT RiGIET VS Aibird Uoplay 2
- 1. RiGIET provides you an extra charging cable to connect the gimbal with your smartphone to provide extra power, which is much helpful for long time shooting.
- 2. As the intelligent balancing system inside RiGIET, you can start your shooting by just one step. Aibird Uoplay 2 doesn't have.
- 3. Aibird Uoplay 2 can't realize functions as livestream, filters, share, slow motion and panorama.
- 1. The max pan angle of Aibird Uoplay 2 is 360 degree while the RiGIET is 300 degree.
DOBOT RiGIET VS Ikan FLY-X3-PLUS
- 1. The max payload of RiGIET is 260g while the Ikan FLY-X3-PLUS is 200g. But Ikan provides special extra cradles for larger phablet phones and action cameras.
- 2. Ikan FLY-X3-PLUS may be a wonderful stabilizer for smartphones and action cameras, however, as a gimbal at the price of $250 to $300, its functions are so limited compared with RiGIET.
- 1. RiGIET is compatible with smartphones between 56-85mm while Ikan FLY-X3-PLUS can fit much more size with special cradles and counterweight.
DOBOT RiGIET VS DJI OSMO MOBILE
- 1. RiGIET takes the 18650 Li-ion battery which can ensure about 5.5 hours using, while the DJI MOBILE adopts DJI special Li-op battery for about 4.5 hours. What's more, DJI special battery is not easy to buy, and DJI doesn't support real-time charing.
- 2. RiGIET can shooting videos with action cameras such as GoPro series and YI Action camera while DJI OSMO MOBILE doesn't support action cameras.
- 1. DJI OSMO MOBILE has a wide range of accessories to connect with other DJI products.
Hope this smartphone gimbal review will be helpful if you are looking for a cool gimbal for your iPhone. DOBOT RiGIET is really the best gimbal for smartphones and action cameras we recommended.